the trials and tribs of an MBA hopeful!

Come join me in coffee shops, hiding in conference rooms at work, and generally giving up my entire social life as I work on my MBA applications!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Everything in moderation?

My life has taken an all or nothing type quality lately. The last six months have been insanely busy, and I feel like I choose one thing in my life to grasp onto, leaving everything else to fall to the wayside. Obviously the past two months it has been essays, essays, essays, and more essays. Oh, and did I mention essays? Saturday from noon till night (or wee hours of morning depending on the activity - haha) were free time, then back to essays. Before that were a few too many nights out and about, and before THAT was every day at the gym actually staying in shape. Moderation? I think not...

The week Kellogg was due I felt myself start to slip... there was a Sunday movie night, dinner w/ an ex, and a happy hour gone awry. Then I took this past week off and suddenly it is so hard to get back into writing. I made plans for every night this week, and this weekend seems to be rapidly filling up too. What happened to the 3 apps I have due in the next 2 months? I tasted the real life again...forgot how fun it could be!

So, my new goal is to write the remaining essays without it completely consuming my life. Is this possible?? If you have achieved it, let me know. You are officially my new hero.

13 Comments:

Blogger Iday said...

3 apps in 2 months - possible.

without allowing it to completely consuming ur life - still possible :)

all u need is a plan and the motivation to stick to the plan and if possible move faster than the plan :D

11:13 PM  
Blogger A said...

Hey! All the best for kellogg interview :)

12:15 AM  
Blogger Silent Warrior said...

//"So, my new goal is to write the remaining essays without it completely consuming my life. Is this possible?? If you have achieved it, let me know."//

yup you can do it.lemmie know which univ. u r applying. perhaps, i can help in someway. :-)

//You are officially my new hero//

i don't wanna b hero becos i am an hero of MBA saga;-)Peter Petrelli.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

Girl, create a new mail id and post on the profile. Need some tips on one of the things u blogged abt in this post :)

11:55 PM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

@iday - you are definitely right. I am taking your advice and trying to map out a good schedule :) now for that motivation...

@scarecrow - thanks! i'll let you know how it goes :)

@silent warrior - i have applied to harvard & kellogg. haas, stanford and columbia are R2. who is peter petrelli, btw?

11:21 AM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

@hobbes - email address added! feel free to send me a note anytime! :)

11:23 AM  
Anonymous sbobet indonesia said...

Resources this kind of as the one you mentioned here will be incredibly helpful to myself! I will publish a hyperlink to this page on my particular blog. I am sure my site visitors will discover that very beneficial.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous judi slot online uang asli said...

These inspiring ideas likewise acted like a fantastic way to know that the rest have the same dreams really like my personal own to see a whole lot more concerning this problem.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous poker idnplay said...

Amazing this information is actually awesome it really aided me and even my family, cheers!

12:29 AM  
Anonymous daftar sbobet88 said...

thank you for such a wonderful blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous game judi ding dong said...

You're so cool! I don't suppose I've read anything such as this prior to. So nice to locate somebody with many original ideas on this subject. really i appreciate you for starting this up. this fabulous website is one area that is needed online, someone with a bit of originality. helpful purpose of bringing a new challenge towards web! game judi ding dong

4:27 AM  
Anonymous wap.sbobet said...

Can I recently say what relief to locate somebody that actually knows what theyre dealing with on the internet. You definitely learn how to bring an issue to light and earn it important. Workout . need to see this and understand why side from the story. I cant think youre less common since you absolutely contain the gift.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous 99 skin care said...

Your article has proven useful to me.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home