the trials and tribs of an MBA hopeful!

Come join me in coffee shops, hiding in conference rooms at work, and generally giving up my entire social life as I work on my MBA applications!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Off to Application La-La Land

Again, I find myself being incapable of normal social conversation. Any question from any person ties into b-school and my application process...it's like having a child! I can't stop talking about it. I might start sending out cute pictures of me studying and drinking non-fat lattes. Somebody please help me!

My friend was going off on a huge blind date tonite - she wanted to discuss the usual: what to wear, what to say, what if he's not cute, quick exit strategies, your normal girl stuff. I think I was responding, but in my head all I could think about was Kellogg Essay #1 and #2 and how they do not flow together... sad, i know.

tonite was Kellogg's information session held downtown. It kind of intimidates me to know all of those people are applying like me, come from the same place as me, and might even - gulp - have higher gmats than me. And I look around and there are waaay more girls than guys - doesn't help with the 'girl card' i was hoping would work to my advantage.

Anyway, the session was fairly helpful. I have been to a range, and can appreciate ones that actually cut to the chase, don't spent 2 hours telling you why their top - 10 school is the best, and tell ya what we're all here for. They talked a lot of leadership, presenting yourself and making your essays interesting, extracurriculars, and having a diverse class. For me, I really need my personality to come through in my essays which it's not. Right now I sound like a business school robot, when in reality I'm a friendly, outgoing person! Don't want to bore the readers to death with my babble...

Also of note today: i decided to hold off on stanford until round 2. this was a HUGE-O decision b/c it's my first choice and i want to know in january if i will get in. but, i don't want to sit around wondering if i didn't get in b/c i didn't spent enough time on the essay. oh well - april will come eventually, i guess... right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes said...

He he he, I know exactly where you're coming from. I guess we all live, eat, sleep n breath apps these days :)

But April is around the corner, not to worry! :)

Good luck!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Silent Warrior said...

"But April is around the corner, not to worry! :)"

hehe.Everything that has begining has an END ;-).

9:50 PM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

haha - thanks, guys. at least a lot of us are in the same boat! :)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, longchamp, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max

7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hollister, moncler, barbour, coach outlet, pandora charms, moncler, moncler outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler, ray ban, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, links of london, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, converse, canada goose, pandora charms, swarovski, karen millen, canada goose outlet, replica watches, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, barbour jackets, bottes ugg, pandora jewelry, canada goose, vans, montre pas cher, converse outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, gucci, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, supra shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg pas cher
ninest123 16.03

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home