the trials and tribs of an MBA hopeful!

Come join me in coffee shops, hiding in conference rooms at work, and generally giving up my entire social life as I work on my MBA applications!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Alrighty Kellogg, you're up to bat

Today i started a new chapter in my life called Kellogg. I know Kellogg is a wonderful school, but for some reason I can't get as excited about it. Maybe it's the prospect of returning back to the Midwest sooner than I ever thought possible, or maybe it's just that I'm sad to think i'll be leaving San Francisco. Actually, I'll go with the combo.

I think I did the whole coffee shop/cafe thing for a combined total of 8 hours. Seriously, I do not understand where the time goes...just kind of flies by and nothing actually gets done. But, i did draft part of Kellogg today - unfortunately a lot of it was cut and paste from harvard. but hey - i really liked my harvard app!

Reading it over, I have the same problems I did with Harvard at first - it just doesn't flow together and paint a cohesive picture of me. There is definitely a lot of re-writing to be done. And i want to finish it THIS WEEK so I have time to work on Stanford!

My biggest problem right now is question #2 - i just don't know where to start. Now it's just random thoughts splattered on the page...exactly what my new best friend, richard montauk, said not to do. Ugh. (btw - expect a blog soon on richard montauk and his hefty book i carry about like a bible...)