the trials and tribs of an MBA hopeful!

Come join me in coffee shops, hiding in conference rooms at work, and generally giving up my entire social life as I work on my MBA applications!

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Minor Case of the Jitters

I went Halloween shopping tonite with a friend (look at me being all social!), and we started talking about how much we love living in San Francisco. I love the big city life, the huge hills I walk up towards my apartment, the crowds at Fisherman's wharf, my friends who all live so close to me, and sometimes even the notorious fog. Through this whole application process, I have been so focused on writing essays that I had momentarily forgotten that in less than a year my life is going to be completely turned upside down. No more job, no more San Francisco, all new friends.

Exciting, but really really scary at the same time. I already started over once already when I moved across the country - am I ready to do it all again?

Since I had turned in Part I of Kellogg a couple weeks ago, it shouldn't be a surprise that today I got the official interview email. For some reason though, it just made this whole process seems so real! In less than a few weeks, Kellogg could be completely out of my hands. Essays, apps, interview all done. Then I will just wait. and wait. and wait.

And then maybe move to Chicago? or Boston? or NY? or stay west coast (fingers crossed)?

I guess since I am not stressed about essays today (Kellogg is 95% done), I had some time to reflect. I know I really want to go back to school; there is no question there. But, it does make me a little sad to leave the life I have here...

6 Comments:

Blogger Iday said...

c'mon - You cant stay all your life in one same place :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger asiangal said...

If you're worried about moving to another State, what more about us international students? =) But seriously, I do know what you mean when you say you'll miss the place where you've lived a good part of your life.

7:09 AM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

i know you're both right - i was just having one of those moments :) I have so much respect for you who move all the way across the world. I lived in Hong Kong for just 3 months, and though exciting, it was definitely hard to be away from friends and family. I have heard that you make the best of friends in business school - that gives us something else to look forward to.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

BOL for ur intvw! :)

And ye, I can understand your concern over moving. I am sure all of us do... But its definitely more fun to move around :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kate spade outlet, hogan, coach outlet, michael kors, sac longchamp, nike air max, nike free run uk, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vans pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, air max, burberry, kate spade handbags, michael kors, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, sac guess, hollister, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, converse pas cher, replica handbags, north face, air force, true religion jeans, nike roshe, nike roshe run, timberland, new balance pas cher, hermes, vanessa bruno, nike air max, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, north face

7:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hollister, moncler, barbour, coach outlet, pandora charms, moncler, moncler outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler, ray ban, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, links of london, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, converse, canada goose, pandora charms, swarovski, karen millen, canada goose outlet, replica watches, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, barbour jackets, bottes ugg, pandora jewelry, canada goose, vans, montre pas cher, converse outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, gucci, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, supra shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg pas cher
ninest123 16.03

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home