the trials and tribs of an MBA hopeful!

Come join me in coffee shops, hiding in conference rooms at work, and generally giving up my entire social life as I work on my MBA applications!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Freeeeeedom!

i'm not lying, i just did the running man (yes, the 80s dance move) across my entire apartment. followed by a fist pump or two or three. admittedly kinda strange, but it felt so right! ;)

D-O-N-E! D-O-N-E! Yeaaaaahhhh! Submitted Stanford and Columbia this afternoon from the comfort of my couch. And my oh my, it feels just as good as i was imagining it! Freeeeeeee! ok, i'll stop...soon.


Today I submitted both Stanford and Columbia. After I heard the good word from Kellogg on Monday, I had decided not to apply to Columbia. So, last night, I was finishing up essays at my boyfriend's apt as he made me dinner for the umpteenth time in a row so I could keep plugging away. It hit me - if we are going to do this b-school thing together and make it work, it would be a lot easier for him to get a job in NY. Columbia is one of my top choices, and I'm not sure what I would do if it came down to Kellogg and Columbia. (if i could be so lucky to have options!) I just was in such a rush to be done, and this seemed like an easy way to finish even earlier.

Submitting columbia felt right today, and it didn't hurt that i was already 75% done.

And now...it's over! Celebration dinner tonite, but the real festivities are sure to begin Friday at happy hour :)

Good job to everyone who submitted Stanford and Columbia today! Iday - make space for me in your club!!! ;)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Iday said...

Welcome mademoiselle :)

Your place has been reserved and we, members of THE club, extend a very warm welcome to you and your boyfriend (i am sure he must feel more relieved that u do) ;)

Enjoy the days :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger the being said...

welcome, from another old timer of the club :P

I want to go to NY for pretty much the same reason. My BF can come to NY easier than anywhere else. talk about being in the same boat :)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Iday said...

With all the females coming in with their BFs, looks like the guys at NY have a really tough time :P

Hope u dont spread this thing to Chicago as well ;)

5:16 AM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

iday - I'm so happy to be part of THE club!!!

if i end up at kellogg, i will bring over all my cute girlfriends to meet you in chicago ;)

sudha - we really are in the same boat, huh! it's tough trying to balance the whole b-school & bf thing...and this is before the whole school adventure really begins!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Iday said...

if i end up at kellogg, i will bring over all my cute girlfriends to meet you in chicago ;)

Now, why does September sound so FAR off :(

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's great that you made it to Kellogg!!! :-) However, I'd love to have you with us at CBS this year. We want smart people who can bring over all their cute friends! ;-)

12:38 PM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

oooh if i'm not single, the next best thing is to set up my cute smart girlfriends with cute smart mba guys! ;) i like it!

if i'm chicago or NYC, i'll see what i can do!

4:25 PM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

haha i will certainly be updating everyone wed on that boston status!! :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger MBA Anonymous said...

Hi,

Congrats for getting into Kellogg!! I have my alumni interview for Kellogg on Wednesday..!! I hope to join 'THE' club too..lol..

2:22 PM  
Blogger AGirlsMBA said...

Haha I hear you on the runningman! I was definitely doing a lot of that today, when I finished yippee!!

I can't believe such a stressful process is one step closer to being done!

Good luck to you and the bf!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kate spade outlet, hogan, coach outlet, michael kors, sac longchamp, nike air max, nike free run uk, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vans pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, air max, burberry, kate spade handbags, michael kors, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, sac guess, hollister, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, converse pas cher, replica handbags, north face, air force, true religion jeans, nike roshe, nike roshe run, timberland, new balance pas cher, hermes, vanessa bruno, nike air max, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, north face

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home